This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MemoriesInTheBaking #CollectiveBias
Holidays make me think of baking – with my mother and grandmother as a child, and now with my kids! Baking is a fun holiday tradition, and giving baked goods as gifts is a warm way to spread holiday cheer.
You Light Up My Day Gift Tag
- Stamp pads – use lots of colors!
- Card stock cut into the size of gift tags
Write “You Light Up My Day” on the paper. Then place fingers your child’s fingers (or let them) on the ink pads and make fingerprints on the card stock. Let them place the fingerprints wherever they want – in patterns or cheery chaos!
Once the fingerprints are scattered on the card, use a marker to connect the colorful fingerprints into one long line, looking like lit up Christmas lights!
A trip to Target made picking out the items for our oatmeal bars easy!
We picked up Glad® – Holiday Packaging product, Mars M&M’s® Holiday Baking Minis (look for these in the seasonal aisle at the back of the store, and Quaker Original Instant Quaker Oats, decked out in Holiday Packaging!
We placed the tag on paper plates wrapped in festive red Glad® holiday wrap, a Glad® – Holiday Packaging product that makes giving holiday treats a snap!
Recipe for Oatmeal M&M® Bars
- 2 cups instant oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s® Holiday Baking Minis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir oats and flour together.
- Add in salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter together.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in M&M’s baking bits.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until pick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Let the bars cool. Then cut them, package them, and give them out!
Check out Memories In The Baking for more holiday recipes and ideas along with the great savings Quaker, Glad® and Mars have to offer at Target.