The experiment is to see how your child can make the highest mark using chalk – would it be by running and jumping, jumping standing still, reaching up while standing?
First, ask your child if they think the highest chalk mark will be made it they stand and reach as high as they can and draw, if they jump up and draw, or if they run, jump, and draw. Then let them try it out!
Give your kids a piece of chalk, and try marking a fence or wall while standing, jumping, and running and jumping. We switched chalk colors for each activity so the difference between the marks was more obvious.
You never know what you’re going to get – sometimes they jump a little before the wall, and the mark would then be lower, as they were on the downward part of the jump!
Other Ways to Move & Learn This Week
- Alphabet Tunnel Play from Toddler Approved
- Giant Letter Connect The Dots Activity from Hands On: As We Grow
- Word Basketball Activity from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Lots of ideas on our Move & Learn Pinterest board
- Check out all the Move & Learn ideas we’ve shared