Tag is the ultimate outside, child game! There are many variations of tag games, and we’re sharing a few of our favorite versions today.
Play Supplies Needed:
- 2 or more willing runners!
There is Traditional Tag: One person is “it.” That person chases the other players. When that person tags someone, the tagged person becomes “it,” and chases the other players to try to tag them.
Tag Game Variations:
- Freeze Tag: When the person who is “it” tags someone, they are “frozen” and cannot move until someone else unfreezes them.
- Shadow Tag: Try to keep your shadow away from the person who is “it.”
- Reverse Tag: The person who is “it” tries to avoid everyone else.
- Bases: An optional addition is to add a “base” or two, where the players running from “it” are safe. Bases aren’t my favorite way to play, but I’ve found that as my 5 year old plays tag with his friends, it’s become more and more popular with him.
- Everyone Becomes It: Start out the same as traditional tag. But when the person who is “it” tags you, you are both “it.” As more people are tagged, there are more people who are “it.” the last person not “it” wins – and becomes the first person “it” in the next round!