We drink a lot of smoothies. They make easy breakfasts, and healthy snacks. My kids, who won’t normally touch kale, happily drink it in smoothie form! When I tried out our sponsor, Silk’s, new Almond Coconut Milk blend, I knew it would be a perfect base for our smoothies!
Smoothies are such a simple way to make healthy eating fun. I made the one pictured above in about 2 minutes, with bananas and Silk’s Almond Coconut Blend. I put it in a travel cup, and we were out the door and ready to play!
Using the Almond Coconut Blend, you can pretty much throw in any combination of fruits, maybe some spinach or kale, add some ice maybe a bit of honey, blend it, put it in a travel container and you’ve got a healthy snack to go!
I’ve found that I can substitute almond milk in smoothie recipes calling for dairy, soy, or coconut milk. Some of the smoothies I can’t wait to try out are:
- Blueberry Kale Smoothies from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Red, White, and Blue Smoothie from B-Inspired Mama
- Banana, Spinach, and Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie from Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Kid-Friendly Smoothies from Mama Smiles
- Peach Pie Smoothies from Yes, I Want Cake
- Cat In The Hat Smoothie from Crazy for Crust
- Simple Peanut Butter Smoothie from Kids Activities Blog
- Kid-Friendly Green Smoothie from Berry Ripe
- Chocolate and Almond Green Smoothie from Carrots ‘N Dates
- Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Smoothie from Will Cook For Smiles
- Watermelon Milkshakes from blommie.com
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie from Today’s Creative Blog
- Coconut-Berry Watercolor Smoothie from blommie.com
- Straw-nana Flip Smoothie from Silk
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie from The Pleasantest Thing
Plus check out lots more healthy eating ideas – and grab a coupon! – on Silk’s Facebook page! And follow them @LoveMySilk on Twitter!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.