We are happy to partner with VTech to bring you these ideas for play ideas using a video monitor – which will make an already awesome video monitor even more awesome!
Baby Monitor Play Ideas
We played all these games with our VTech VM343. The VTech VM343 has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which makes it super easy to stay connected from any room in the house – even from outside.
- Find the monitor: Hide the monitor somewhere in the house, aimed at something, such as a patch of bedding or a picture or a chair. Give your child the handheld monitor and have them guess and try to locate where you hid the video camera.
- Stuffed animal hunt: This is a variation of the first game, where you point the video camera at the stuffed animal, and give your child the handheld monitor, and they need to try to “rescue” the animal.
- Hide and seek: Hide somewhere in the house (or have your child hide) and talk to give them clues to find where you are. They can ask questions and you can answer them.
- Tell jokes – you can do this with the monitor because it has two-way communication!
- DANCE PARTY! You can watch your little one jamming to tunes in the crib – super adorable, always.
While you are playing, you will be able to scanning the baby’s room with the VTech VM343 monitor’s remote pan and tilt camera, which pans up to 270 degrees side-to-side and tilts as many as 120 degrees up and down. It also has a 2x zoom.
And, of course, the VTech VM343 is an awesome monitor for sleeping times, too! And I rest assured knowing that the digital transmission means that the videos are private and secure. Plus it cuts down on background noise so the only sounds we hear are the baby’s!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.