We love a good sight word game! We added some holiday fun to our sight word review today with a Christmas sight word game: a word hunt on our tree.
We have printed sight words each week to review. If you don’t have them already printed, write the words on cards. Then put them on low-ish branches on your Christmas tree, behind ornaments. As your child finds a word, have them call it out. Or call it out and shake some jingle bells.
Our tree doesn’t have many breakable ornaments, and the ones that we do have are up way high on the tree. Also, I was right there to make sure my son didn’t get too enthusiastic jumping on the tree. As always, you know what would work with your kid best!
- Preschool Letter Hunt In Pretend Snow with Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Decorate the Tree with ABCs from Hands on : as we grow
- Alphabet Target Practice at Toddler Approved
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board