Yesterday’s unseasonably warm weather meant we spent most of the day outside, without so much as a jacket. This gave us lots of room to get moving!
Sidewalk chalk (we used green and red)
A jingle bell
- Write 3 big HO’s in a vertical line, with the H’s lining up to form one line, and the O’s lining up to form another line.
- Throw the bell onto one of the letters.
- Jump down the line of H’s (over the line in the middle of the H)
- Turn around and jump from the middle of one O to the middle of the next.
- When you pass the bell, bend down to pick it up.
We did the jumping down the H’s with our feet apart, and jumping down the O’s with our feet together.
Other ways to play:
- Added challenge: Stagger the “Ho’s” so that you aren’t jumping in a straight line.
- Easier version: jump at random over all the letter- this is how my 16 month old played!
- Add in fine motor skills: Have your child write out the words, or trace the letters with chalk