Discovery bottles and sensory bottles provide an easy DIY toy — that your kids will love! This Valentine’s Day Heart Bottle is great bottle to play with an I Spy game. You can easily adjust the game for different ages of kids.
I Spy Valentine’s Day Discovery Bottle
- White pompoms
- Conversation hearts (we used 2 boxes)
- Clean dry plastic bottle
- optional: hot glue or Krazy Glue, to prevent your littles from opening the bottle
Put the pompoms and the hearts into the bottle. I alternate a handful of each, just to spread the hearts throughout the bottle.
Glue the lid onto the bottle, let it dry, and you’re good to go!
There are lots of ways to play with the bottles – different ideas for different ages!
- My baby just likes pointing to the hearts. And the pompoms. And just basically looking at the bottle!
- Look for colors. Ask questions like “how many orange hearts do you see?” or “Can you point to a green heart?”
- Count how many you find of each (or just one) color.
- Look for letters on the hearts.
- Look for words on the hearts.
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
Printable Valentine’s Day Dice Games // Fun-A-Day
FREE Number Bingo // The STEM Laboratory
Pre-Writing Alphabet Practice with Conversation Hearts // Preschool Inspirations
Heart Match Up Activity // Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Counting Roses // Best Toys 4 Toddlers
Conversation Heart Counting Cards // Life Over C’s
Love Bug Clock // Fairy Poppins
Counting Heart Cake Toppers // Adventures of Adam
Heart Wreath // Powerful Mothering
Magic Heart Sight Words // Playdough to Plato
Simple Suspended Conversation Heart Discovery Bottle // Lemon Lime Adventures
Valentine Numbers and Counting Hearts // Play and Learn Everyday
Teach Buttoning Skills with Heart Buttons // Sugar Aunts
Free Valentine’s Day Addition Memory Game // DIY Farm Wife
Hearts Pom Pom Game // Teach Me Mommy
I Spy Valentine’s Day Heart Bottle // The Pleasantest Thing
Color Sorting Hearts // Modern Preschool
Candy Heart Addition Cards // The Kindergarten Connection
We Go Together Like PB&J Homemade Game // Study at Home Mama
Valentine’s Day CVC Board Game // Liz’s Early Learning Spot