Spotting upper case letters has been a favorite activity of my little guy recently. He came up with a fun game – one that gets him both running around AND learning letters!
He chooses a letter, and then runs and finds toys to create that letter shape! It’s that simple! We will thing use our hands to trace over the shape of the letter we’re making.
It’s definitely easier to do this with letters that are all straight lines – like A, E, and K. But we’ve used blankets or balls or stuffed animals to get curved letters into the fun!
You can change it up by having a sibling make the letter shape – or you can make it yourself.
Other Ways to Move & Learn This Week
- BIG Rainbow writing from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- 10 Awesome Outdoor Activities from Toddler Approved
- Sight Word Treasure Hunt from Hands On: As We Grow
- Lots of ideas on our Move & Learn Pinterest board
- Check out all the Move & Learn ideas we’ve shared