We love a good scavenger hunt. Adding math to the hunt is a fun way to get kids excited about reinforcing number recognition, counting, and grouping numbers.
Playing the Game
The kids would draw one card card from each of 2 piles: 1 pile had numbers, and the other pile had objects found in a room. On the object card I both wrote the word and drew a picture of the object.
Then they run find the objects, and count out the number of objects that corresponds to the card they drew.
Super Easy Version: Give them a number and an item, and let them run and find it!
Toddler Version: For my littlest guy, he just runs and grabs objects, brings them back and we count them together.
Other Ways to Move & Learn This Week
- Sight Word Basketball from Toddler Approved
- Number Match Slap from Hands On: As We Grow
- from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Lots of ideas on our Move & Learn Pinterest board
- Check out all the Move & Learn ideas we’ve shared