Fruit treats are the best! They check all the boxes – tasty, easy, and best of all — your family will love them!
Even easier than making your own fruit treats, is to grab a frozen fruit bar from our sponsor, Fruttare®. We love, love, love the real fruit that’s in the bars – and the kids get a kick out of pointing out the real chunks in the fruit bars. And then eating them!
Some other super easy ways to work real fruit into your snack this summer:
- Freeze your fruit and blend it up! We love doing this with watermelon, banana, and strawberries.
- Make it into a face. I’ll make anything into a smiley face. Apple wedges for lips, grapes or berries for eyes. My kids will eat anything if I make it into a smiley face! Other designs work too — suns, trains (cut fruit into rectangles or wedges, and use bananas or round berries for wheels!), and letters are also always hits!
- Serve it frothy — whip with in the blender. This works with watery fruits. We throw fruit in, blend it up if it’s watery enough (think oranges or watermelon or cantaloupe).
- Blend up a smoothie. Add some yogurt or milk, a handful of ice, and blend! Easy-peasy.
- Grab and go! Fruit with harder skins = easy on the go (think orange, banana, apple)
Of course, one of our favorite ways to cool off is with a frozen fruit bar, especially the strawberry bars and the mango bars from our sponsor, Fruttare®.
PLUS – here are 4 ways we love to enjoy our frozen fruit bars! Eating them anywhere is, of course, delicious! But, we moved beyond the kitchen table to enjoy our bars outside (easier clean up!) these ways:
- I’ll pull the wagon (slowly) with my boys eating their bars.
- Reading in the shade – I’ll grab a stack of books and hand each boy a bar. We sit on the front step, or on the ground and enjoy our snack and books!
- IN the kiddie pool! I wouldn’t let them eat in a real pool. But we’ll sit in our kiddie pool (which I empty every day) and cool off with the double whammy of the frozen bar and the cool water!
- In a “fort” — under our slide or picnic table. Or if the boys have made a fort we’ll use that — but for a low-key, need an idea now situation, we go with what we have – the table or the slide!
Our favorite Fruttare® flavors are (it’s a tie!) the mango and the strawberry. But there are LOTS of runner up flavors (and, let’s be honest, I think we’ll need to re-test them all! 🙂 ) The other flavors are:
- Fruttare® Strawberry | These frozen fruit bars feature a burst of real California strawberries and juice.
- Fruttare® Mango | These frozen fruit bars are made with deliciously luscious mangoes.
- Fruttare® Coconut and Milk | These bars feature creamy milk and coconut.
- Fruttare® Black Cherry | These frozen fruit bars are made with sweet black cherries and real juice.
- Fruttare® Banana and Milk | These bars feature creamy milk and sweet, ripe bananas.
- Fruttare® Pineapple | These frozen fruit bars feature delicious, ripe pineapples.
- Fruttare® Strawberry and Milk | These bars are made with creamy milk and luscious, real strawberries.
- Fruttare® Lime | These frozen fruit bars feature refreshing, tangy limes and lime juice.
- Fruttare® Strawberry and Milk and Fruttare® Mixed Berry and Milk | This variety pack features two kinds of Fruit & Milk bars: one made with creamy milk and luscious, real strawberries, and one made with creamy milk and pieces of real mixed berries.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.