This post is written as part of a compensated campaign from Marvel Super Hero Mashers, as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
Learning sight words is fun with the addition of superheroes! I’m not even sure my son thought it was anything other than a really fun game!
Superhero Sight Word Mash
- Cards with sight words written on them
We used index cards to write out the words, just because they stood up well. Then we grabbed our Superheroes, and mashed the words – first the Superhero would read the word, and then MASH! We’d crush the cards.
We used the Hasbro Marvel Super Hero Mashers for our game. They were perfect because the heroes themselves were mashed together. We combined the Incredible Hulk and Spiderman in some very fun new ways! You could also mash together Captain America, Thor, Doctor Doom, or Wolverine!
Creating and recreating his own superheroes – favorites were Powerman and Super Masherman – kept my son happily playing for most of the afternoon. Especially because the Hulk figure came with a battlepack upgrade!
You can also continue the fun online, creating your own virtual Super Hero Masher – see a screenshot below:
Other Ways to Move & Learn This Week
- Color a Heart Movement Game from Toddler Approved
- Indoor Learning Obstacle Course from Hands On: As We Grow
- Sight Word Stomp from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Lots of ideas on our Move & Learn Pinterest board
- Check out all the Move & Learn ideas we’ve shared