LEGO sets provide us with endless hours of play. And sometimes we add a little something to our LEGO play. This time our LEGO superheroes had to battle villains…and superhero slime in our play set up! (also check out our LEGO putty recipe!)
- 1/2 cup white washable school glue
- 4 tablespoons liquid starch
- 1 teaspoon liquid watercolor
- LEGO superheroes!
Shake the liquid starch before pouring it. Then mix the glue and liquid starch together. It takes a few minutes for it to really come together. You’re going to think it’s just not going to come together…and then it suddenly will! We usually start with a spoon and then end up mixing it with our hands. If it’s too sticky, add a little more starch. Too stringy? Try more glue.
Then add the slime to the LEGO superhero sets! We use the slime with our Spiderman LEGO JUNIORS set, and with our Batman LEGO set. It was used to trap villains. And superheroes. And vehicles. For over 2 hours.
I would be careful about using the slime with lego pieces that had stickers on it. We haven’t had a problem with the slime on stickers, but you might want to avoid it.
My kids are drawn to their LEGO sets, where they have epic battles between superheroes and villians on a daily basis! LEGO building sets let children act out scenes from their favorite superhero stories – or they can build their own superhero world!
I love that with LEGO Systems there are age appropriate ideas, with 3 different levels, differentiated by size of the blocks (DUPLO blocks are bigger) or the complexity of the models (JUNIORS are less complex with fewer pieces). LEGO® gives the following age suggestions:
- LEGO® DUPLO® (Ages 1 1/2 – 5) Bigger bricks that are 100% compatible with the LEGO bricks.
- LEGO® JUNIORS (Ages 4+) These set up kids for success, with easy-to-follow building instructions, quick start and modular elements and bricks to make the builds quick and easy.
- LEGO® Super Heroes (Ages 5+) The super cool, always popular iconic characters and story sets from LEGO® Super Heroes: MARVEL™ and LEGO® Super Heroes: DC UNIVERSE™
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.